System SELF-DEFENSE 1-5
Training courses & workshops:
Training course for beginners
Systematical and comprehensible teaching in SYSTEM SELF-DEFENSE 1 is customized for beginners and people with no previous self-defense or martial arts experience. Teaching is logically divided into thematic units of practice which include selected simple and functional self-defense principles against most common threatening situations and types of attacks.
This course provides a valuable basis and could be seen also as a very good threshold experience into further martial arts or self-defense training.
- Training of the key body movement principles in self-defense
- Working with space, angles & orientation
- Body postures in self-defense
- Body anatomy in self-defense (basics)
Basic functional self-defense:
- Defense against grips and holdings from the „front side“
- Defense against punches (direct & side)
- Defense against grips from the „back side“
- Defense against and chokes (elimination and liberation)
- Use of the blocks and counter techniques in self-defense
- Defense using pressing on selected sensitive and painful body parts
- Use of the items of daily use in self-defense
- Real self-defense and body constitution (of the self vs. attacker)
Some basic techniques from the system SELF-DEFENSE 1 (beginners)
Offenses are set as follows:
- one hand grips
- two hand grips
- two-handed attacks and holds from the front (various variants of distances, body pose, differences in momentum „before hold“ – „in hold“ etc…)
- selected grips from the back
Training in „SELF-DEFENSE SYSTEM level 2–3“ includes more advanced and advanced skill practice of self-defense and combat principles, aiming to build the effective capacity of adequate self-defense and a „body – mind“ action against threatening situations. These training lessons are open to the graduates of the basic course SELF-DEFENSE 1 and also for the trainees with previous martial arts experience.
- Elbows usage in short distance combat
- Counter techniques training
- More complex defense using counter attack on 2–3 techniques
- Anatomy in self-defense: using the counter techniques effectively
- Movement skill development
- Locks and immobilisation techniques (complex workshop)
Combat practice & fighting methods:
- Distances in combat: short and medium distance fight
- Distances in combat: long distance fight
- Body movement development
- Poses in fight: types of defense cover
- Poses in fight: types of offense hold
- Grounding in fight
- Strong skill practice
SELF-DEFENSE 2 / 3:
A demonstration of the training process, 2016
Training in „SELF-DEFENSE SYSTEM 4“ includes highly advanced skill practice of self-defense and combat principles, building the effective capacity of adequate self-defense and a „body – mind“ action against threatening situations. These training lessons are open to the graduates of the SELF-DEFENSE 3 and also for the advanced trainees with previous martial arts experience.
- Combat tactics
- Position changes: how to be effectively variable in fight
- Variability of fighting methods
- Combat changes:
- Firm versus fluid principle
- Grounding vs. flying principle
- Close, middle & distant combat: effective changes
- Psychology of combat
- Concentration power
- Mind, cognition & awareness in psyche
- Situational awareness in problem situations
Demonstration of self-defense techniques in traditional way
Defense against cold weapons
"SELF-DEFENSE 5“ is focused on self-defense and combat principles against cold weapons. We practice defense as well as the offense methods, thus most effective defense is based on perfect knowledge of the attack. These training lessons are open to the graduates of the SELF-DEFENSE 3–4 and also for the advanced trainees with previous martial arts experience.
Training organizer reserves the right to exclude from training and workshops individuals in which they are seen and manifested: signs of an abuse of the learned combat skills, signs of override behavior over the others, signs of aggressive behavior, signs of non-controlled anger, signs of abuse of the learned skills to the intentional harm to other trainees or to people out of the training and trainees who repeatedly don´t pay attention to instructions given by the coach and thus increasing a risk of injury to self or to others.
Self-defense and combat skills are taught within the frame of one´s own protection & prevention, the protection of others, correspondingly also within the scope of protection of the material goods and the property and most of all within the frame of humanism.